Kess InHouse Nandita Singh Pink Waves orange Yellow Dog Bed
We began in 2007 because we saw a need for accurate information online about infertility, infertility grief, moving to adoption from infertility, and all types of adoption options. We also have a large and active online support group. Creating a Family Facebook Support Group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/creatingafamily/) It’s a closed Facebook group so that only those in the group can see the posts.
Creating a Family provides extensive resources on all types of adoption and all aspects of infertility (medical and emotional).
KESS InHouse Nic Squirrell Bees Please Pink Floral Dog Bed, 30 x 40
Adoption is a wonderful way to create your family. Creating a Family covers all adoption options, including KESS InHouse Juan Paolo approach Shot bluee Green Pet Bowl, 7 , baby adoption in the US, KESS InHouse Juan Paolo Labyrinth Multicolor Geometric Pet Bowl, 7 , foster care adoption, KESS InHouse Juan Paolo The Lumber Yard Brown orange Pet Bowl, 7 (sometimes known as embryo adoption). Check out our Kess InHouse Julia Grifol White Flowers Dog Blanket, 60 by 50Inch. We also strongly believe that education and support should not end once the adoption is finalized. Post adoption education and support are crucial for adoptive families and adopted kids to thrive. Creating a Family has an extensive post adoption education and support section.
Creating a Family, the national adoption education and support nonprofit, includes extensive resources on the following adoption topics in our Adoption Resource Guide:
- Kess InHouse Julia Grifol 'Geometries in Yellow' Dog Blanket, 40 by 30Inch
- Adoption Scam / Adoption Fraud
- KESS InHouse Julia Grifol Warm Leaves Red Digital Dog Bed, 30 x 40
- KESS InHouse Julia Grifol My Boo Books Owls Feeding Mat for Pet Bowl, 24 by 15Inch
- Parenting Adopted Children with Challenging Behavior
- KESS InHouse Julia Grifol My Folk Flowers Feeding Mat for Pet Bowl, 18 by 13Inch
- KESS InHouse Julia Grifol My Triangles in bluee Aqua orange Feeding Mat for Pet Bowl, 24 by 15Inch
- Open Adoption
- Attachment Issues with Adoption
- KESS InHouse Julia Grifol White Flowers Feeding Mat for Pet Bowl, 24 by 15Inch
- KESS InHouse Julie Hamilton Rhapsody Vine Yellow Purple Feeding Mat for Pet Bowl, 18 by 13Inch
- Adoption Therapy
- KESS InHouse Just L F.O.B bluee Red Pet Bowl, 7
- Adoption and the LGBT Community
- Single Parents
- KESS InHouse Kathleen Kelly Pineapple Digital Food Dog Bed, 30 x 40
KESS InHouse Nick Nareshni Cityscape Nights Black White Photography Pet Bowl, 7 Diameter
There is much misinformation online for those trying to conceive or those who are infertile. Creating a Family, the national infertility & adoption education and support nonprofit, provides an Infertility Resource Guide, provided medically accurate information on all aspects of infertility, including: female infertility, KESS InHouse KE1002ADM02 Karina Edde Wavy Chevron bluee Dog Place Mat, 24 x 15 , KESS InHouse Kess Original Basset Hound Dog Typography Dog Bed, 30 x 40 , KESS InHouse Kess Original Classic Monogram Green Green Monogram Pet Bowl, 7 , endometriosis, IVF, and other forms of fertility treatment.
The emotional aspects of infertility are just as challenging as the medical aspects, and Creating a Family has extensive resources to help those struggling with infertility cope with this disease.
Creating a Family, the national infertility & adoption education and support nonprofit, includes extensive resources, including archived radio show/podcasts, blogs, fact sheets, research summaries, videos, and Expert Q&As in our Infertility Resource Guide:
- M 8\ Adjustable Dog Muzzle 6 Sizes bluee (M 8 -10.5 Snout Circumf.)
- Astro Gallery of Gems Cat's Paw Coral
- L Dog Leash Pet Lead Harnesses Pet Climbing Leash Sturdy Oxford Nylon Cloth Comfortable Safety Adjustable Padded Handle Red (Size L)
- 60X60cm DIYthinker bluee Flower Plant Dandelion Seed Anti-Slip Floor Pet Mat Square Bathroom Living Room Kitchen Door 60 50Cm Gift
- Auto Accessories Car Seat Cushion Seat Cover Seat Four Seasons General Flax Surrounded by A Five Seat Family, Purple
- Neoprene You Think Dogs Can't Count Put 3 Dog Biscuits in Pocket Give Two
- Quick Shopping™ Spotted Pattern Style Body Harness Backpack with 4ft Leash for Dogs L
- Thick Hoof Rasp without Angel – 400 x 45 x 5 mm
- (12) Zebra Thorn Nerite Snails Neritina natalensis Will not reproduce in freshwater by Imperial Tropicals
- blueeberry Pet Pack of 2 Soft & Comfy Perfect Wardrobe Essential Everyday Cotton Blend Dog Pajamas & Tank Top T Shirts, Back Length 16 , Clothes for Dogs
- KESS InHouse Kess Original French Bulldog Beige Dog Bed, 30 x 40
- KESS InHouse Kess Original Leaves Black White Dog Bed, 30 x 40
- Embryo Donation/Adoption
- Kess InHouse KESS Original Monogram Chevron Red Letter Q Pet Dog Blanket, 60 by 50Inch
- Finding an Infertility Doctor or Clinic
- Kess InHouse KESS Original Monogram Solid Black Letter X Pet Dog Blanket, 60 by 50Inch
- In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)
- KESS InHouse Kess Original Owl Eye Vintage Yelllow Brown Dog Bed, 30 x 40
- KESS InHouse Kess Original Shine on Beige orange Dog Bed, 30 x 40
- KESS InHouse Kess Original with My Omies Pink Coral Magenta Dog Bed, 30 x 40
- Coping with Infertility Grief
- Kess InHouse KESS Original Buddy Damask Name Fleece Dog Bed, 30 by 40Inch, Brown Tan
- Surviving the Holiday & Family Gatherings with Infertility
- Talking with Kids about Donor Egg, Sperm, Embryo & Surrogacy
- KESS InHouse KESS Original Dead Man's Party Zombie Hand Dog Place Mat, 13 x 18
- Egg Freezing/ Oocyte Cyropreservation
- KESS InHouse KESS Original Greyscale Cubed White Geometric Pet Bowl, 7
- Insurance Coverage for Fertility Treatment, Egg Donation, Surrogacy
- Parenting After Infertility
KESS InHouse Gabriela Wonder Pet Bowl Placemat for Dog and Cat Feeding Mat, 24 by 15Inch, Flower Fuente Dark ppommu3685-New pet supplies
KESS InHouse Nick Nareshni Straw Hut on Beach bluee Tan Pet Bowl, 7
It is possible to adopt a baby in the US. KESS InHouse KESS Original Marble & Metal White Copper Dog Place Mat, 13 x 18 , the cost of adoption, how to prepare an adoptive parent profile, how to assess risk factors, such as prenatal alcohol and drug exposure and mental health issues with birth parents and expectant parents, and how to select an adoption agency or adoption attorney.
KESS InHouse Nika Martinez Hipsterland Maroon Green Pet Bowl, 7
Many infertility patients will need to use IVF to get pregnant. KESS InHouse KESS Original Monogram Chevron Red Letter G Feeding Mat for Pet Bowl, 24 by 15Inch, how to select a fertility clinic, cost of infertility treatment an IVF, how to save money on fertility treatment, and what is the usual IVF procedure.
Many children are available for adoption in US foster care system. Creating a Family provides resources on foster care adoption, including the different ways to adopt from foster care, how to choose an adoption agency, the cost of adopting from foster care, how to negotiate for an adoption subsidy, and how to assess risk factors for children being adopted or fostered from foster care.
Kess InHouse Nika Martinez Mexicalli Feeding Mat for Pet Bowl, 18 by 13Inch
Infertility is a painful and often lonely journey. People often do not understand the loss of miscarriage and do not know what to say or how to offer support. Creating a Family provides information and support for infertility grief, surviving the emotions of infertility, miscarriage, and trying to conceive.
Kess InHouse Nikposium Sedona Pet Bowl, 7Inch, orange red
It is possible to adopt from abroad. Many countries have international adoption programs allowing Americans to adopt. Creating a Family provides resources on how to adopt internationally from a foreign country, the cost of international adoption, how to prepare a dossier, how to find an international adoption agency, how to choose a country, how to assess risk factors in children available for adoption, issues to consider when adopting a toddler or older child, and much more. Creating a Family also has the most extensive KESS InHouse Kess Original Monogram Chevron Tan Letter Z Feeding Mat for Pet Bowl, 18 by 13Inch allowing adoptive parents to compare the top placing countries to the US for 25 factors they should consider when choosing a country to adopt from.
Kess InHouse Nina May Denin & Diam New Mexico Fleece Dog Bed, 30 by 40Inch, Pastel
It is amazing how little good information is available on recurrent miscarriages. This is partly because there is no medical specialty in miscarriage prevention and treatment.
The good news is that recent advances in chromosomal testing of embryos and miscarried fetuses are helping prevent more miscarriages. In the meantime, the following statistic should give you some peace: 70% of woman that have had up to four miscarriages will successfully carry a baby to term.
Check out the Creating a Family blogroll of bloggers who talk about KESS InHouse Kess Original Monogram Solid Black Letter R Feeding Mat for Pet Bowl, 18 by 13Inch.
Two great places to begin to understand the causes, treatments, and coping with recurrent pregnancy loss are these Creating a Family radio shows with interviews with leading doctors and therapists.
- KESS InHouse Kess Original Noblefur Green Dots Feeding Mat for Pet Bowl, 18 by 13Inch (1 hour radio show with experts)
- KESS InHouse KESS Original Rain & Shine Rainbow Abstract Pet Bowl Placemat, 24 x 15
KESS InHouse NL Designs Amazing Things gold White Dog Bed, 30 x 40
Creating a Family, the national infertility & adoption education and support nonprofit, has a list of the Best of the Best Books for those suffering from infertility. We a review of each book and cover the following topics:
- KESS InHouse KESS Original Wingin It Pink Animals Pet Bowl, 7
- KESS InHouse KIH143ADM02 Kess Original Baby Mgoldccan bluee Pink Dog Place Mat, 24 x 15
- KESS InHouse KIH234ADM02 Kess Original gold Flake Marble Metal Dog Place Mat, 24 x 15
- Books for Children Conceived through Sperm Donation
- KESS InHouse KIH300ADM02 Kess Original pinks Pink Red Dog Place Mat, 24 x 15
- Books for Adults – Good Reads
- Kess InHouse Kira Crees Koi Playing Dog Bed, 30 by 40Inch
- Books About Understanding Infertility Treatment Options
- KESS InHouse Kristi Jackson Bed of pinks Coral Pink Pet Bowl, 7
- Kess InHouse Laura Escalante Pink Gerbera Pet Bowl, 7Inch, Purple Flower
- Books about Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
- Kess InHouse Laura Nicholson Leeks Pet Bowl, 4.75Inch
KESS InHouse NL1001ADM02 NL Designs Moon Purple bluee Dog Place Mat, 24 x 15
Creating a Family has an extensive list of adoption related books for kids broken out by type of adoption and age of the child. We also have a book list for adoptive parents.
- Adoption Books for Parents
- Kess InHouse Laurie Baars Mapleseeds Plum Pet Bowl, 7Inch, Yellow Purple
- KESS InHouse Li Zamperini bluee CollectionLili bluee Floral Watercolor Dog Bed, 30 x 40
- Books for Kids Adopted from Foster Care
- Books for Kids Adopted from Korea
- KESS InHouse Li Zamperini Flame Red Yellow Pet Bowl, 7
- Books for Kids Adopted from Russia/Eastern & Central Europe
- KESS InHouse Libertad Leal The Four Seasons Spring Feeding Mat for Pet Bowl, 18 by 13Inch
- KESS InHouse LT1019ADM02 Just L Capture The Flag Red Black Dog Place Mat, 24 x 15
- Books for Older Adoptive Parents
KESS InHouse NM1088ADM02 Nina May Pink Mosaic Mandala Pink Beige Illustration Dog Place Mat, 24 x 15
Creating a Family has comparison charts to help prospective adoptive parents decide on which foreign country they should adopt from. We analyze 25 factors we think parents should consider before choosing a country for international adoption.
- KESS InHouse LZ1019ADM02 Li Zamperini Ombre Green Purple Dog Place Mat, 24 x 15
- 25 Factors to Consider When Adopting From China
- Kess InHouse MaJoBV Life Mustdos Black White Fleece Dog Bed, 30 by 40
- 25 Factors to Consider When Adopting From India
- 25 Factors to Consider When Adopting From Latvia
- Kess InHouse Mandie Manzano Fairy Tale Frog Prince Dog Bed
- Kess InHouse Mandie Manzano The Sea Witch Dark Purple Feeding Mat for Pet Bowls, 24 by 15InchOptions
KESS InHouse NS2029BDM02 Nandita Singh bluee Motifs Aqua Geometric Dog Place Mat, 24 x 15
One of the reasons that the pain of infertility is so hard to deal with is that it is often unrecognized by our society. Therapist and scholars have a name for this type of grief: disenfranchised grief or ambiguous grief.
The lack of recognition for the loss makes it easy to feel that you aren’t entitled to mourn, but mourning is crucial to healing. It is hard to grieve a dream and harder still when others don’t even see that there is a loss.
You do not have to cope with the pain and grief of infertility alone. Many people have been helped by counselors, but it is especially helpful if the therapist is trained in the realities of infertility.
- Creating a Family has done a number of shows that include a discussion of how to find a good therapist that is knowledgeable about infertility issues. Listen to a few, such as KESS InHouse Maria Bazarova Hgoldscope Virgin White Black Dog Bed, 30 x 40 , Coping with Infertility, and KESS InHouse Maria Bazarova Two Twins Black White Pet Bowl, 7 .
- Ask your infertility clinic if they have mental health professionals on staff or can recommend one.
- The American Society of Reproductive Medicine lists members that are mental health professionals.
Kess InHouse Oriana Cordero Horizon orange Sky Feeding Mat for Pet Bowls, 24 by 15Inch
Every adoptive parent expects that after working so hard to become a parent, they will feel nothing but joy and thankfulness at the gift that is their child. More often these feelings of joy are mixed with feelings of being overwhelmed and worry about not “falling madly in love at first sight”. Throw in the exhaustion of any major life change, and you have the makings for post adoption depression.
We have seen no research on how many adoptive parents experience post adoption depression, but anecdotally from our post adoption support group, we believe that it occurs more often when:
- Parents have unrealistic expectations of what the transition period will be like.
- Parents do not have people with whom to confide their fears and concerns.
If you are struggling post adoption, you are not alone . This is not a reflection on you, or your child, or your eventual adjustment. Talk with your adoption social worker. She will not judge, and she can help.
KESS InHouse Original Hunter colorful Geometry Pet Bowl Placemat Feeding Mat for Dog and Cat, 24 by 15Inch
Creating a Family is the national adoption & infertility education nonprofit. Our mission is to provide support and unbiased information before, during and after adoption or fertility treatment to help create strong families. Check out our Five Core Values that we use to guide every decision. We are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, and you can check out our financials and IRS Form 990 at GuideStar.
KESS InHouse PB2020ADM02 Philip Brown Pelican Waiting bluee Photography Dog Place Mat, 24 x 15
Creating a Family has the most extensive and diverse collection of resources for those struggling with infertility and for pre and post adoptive families. We are constantly creating more resources and average adding four new resources every week. Since 2007 we also have our weekly radio show where we interview the top experts on every aspect of adoption, adoptive parenting, and infertility. For those folks that want one on one education to get help with a specific decision, we can do that as well through our Individual Education option. While education is important to helping you make decisions on this often painful and confusing journey to creating a family, support is equally important. We have created an incredibly strong online support network via a private Facebook group, Pinterest, and Twitter. Our mantra is ‘Information is Power’. We aren’t promoting one way of family building over another. We trust that with the right information, every family will find their right path to parenthood. We’ll freely admit that we would love for every child in this world to have a family. We would especially love to help find homes for older kids and kids with special needs, but we know that this is not the right decision for every family, and our goal to help every family find their right path to parenthood.
KESS InHouse PG1101ADM02 Pom Graphic Design La Luna Nature Illustration Dog Place Mat, 24 x 15
Creating a Family uphold these core values in our work. They represent what we believe in, what we stand for, and how we approach everything we do.
- There is no “best way” to create your family.
- With education and support families will be able to choose the best way for them.
- Our education and support will be unbiased and accurate.
- It is in a child’s best interest to have parents that are educated and supported before, during and after infertility treatment or adoption.
- We will attempt to bridge the gap between the academic and research communities and the infertility patient community and the adoptive parent and adoption professional community by making research findings available and offering researchers access to our audience to publicize their studies and solicit participants.
Bit of Bragging
Of course we’re proud of what we do, but what matters most is what our audience has to say. Here’s a sampling:
Creating a Family and in particular your radio show has been a lifeline to me over the past 2+ years. In the privacy of my home/car I have been connected with others whose family-building has been challenged and I have had access to invaluable information from experts that have helped us make better decisions. Thank you! ~ S. Potter
I wanted to thank you for all of the wonderful things you do. We brought our beautiful baby boy home from the hospital on April 2nd. While we waited for an adoption match and then waited for his birth, your podcast and website were a continuous reminder that we were part of an amazing adoption community. It really helped us not feel alone. ~Sarah S.
I just felt like I should say Thank You this morning! Your website and e-mails have consistently been a “touch stone” for me through this whole process – sometimes reaffirming what I already believe, sometimes giving me a different perspective, but always being something that I can respect and learn from. Thank you for this!!! ~ L. Adams
Creating a Family has made a big difference to the quality of information that we can share with our adoptive community. We sometimes use your podcasts as the basis for roundtable discussions or our monthly Parent Support Meetings. ~ Louise Garnaut (Adoptive Families of Hong Kong)
Bit of History
Creating a Family started in 2007 as a labor of love. We saw the huge need for unbiased accurate information online about infertility and adoption. We knew people were getting most of their “education” online, but much of what was available was inaccurate junk, slanted towards one form of family building or one type of adoption over another, or was being provided by for profit organizations that were anything but unbiased. We knew that in order to educate and support, we needed to be where the folks were, so we readily embraced all forms of online media (audio, video, social networks), but set out to be the anti-junk and the anti-bias.
Dawn Davenport is Executive Director of Creating a Family, and the “Official Voice” of Creating a Family since she also hosts of our weekly national radio show and is a frequent speaker at conferences. (We try to not let that title go to her head.) We also are proudly led by a terrific Board. You can check out their bona fides if you’re so inclined.
Dawn Davenport, Executive Director Our Board
We have some of the best, brightest, and most dedicated folks helping out around here to help us provide support and unbiased information before, during and after adoption or fertility treatment to help create strong families. Check out their pretty/handsome faces and a bit about them. Our Staff