Kess InHouse Monika Strigel Avalon Soft Coral and Mint Chevron orange Green Pet Bowl Placemat for Dog and Cat Feeding Mat, 24 by 15Inch
We began in 2007 because we saw a need for accurate information online about infertility, infertility grief, moving to adoption from infertility, and all types of adoption options. We also have a large and active online support group. Creating a Family Facebook Support Group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/creatingafamily/) It’s a closed Facebook group so that only those in the group can see the posts.
Creating a Family provides extensive resources on all types of adoption and all aspects of infertility (medical and emotional).
Kess InHouse Monika Strigel Worm Land Feeding Mat for Pet Bowl, 24 by 15Inch
Adoption is a wonderful way to create your family. Creating a Family covers all adoption options, including KESS InHouse JG1058ADM02 Julia Grifol Summer Birds Green Lime Dog Place Mat, 24 x 15 , baby adoption in the US, KESS InHouse JG1075ADM02 Julia Grifol Brown Geometries Beige Geometric Dog Place Mat, 24 x 15 , foster care adoption, KESS InHouse JH1020ADM02 Julie Hamilton Woven Red Pink Dog Place Mat, 24 x 15 (sometimes known as embryo adoption). Check out our KESS InHouse Jina Ninjjaga Flamingo Attack Pop Art Dog Bed, 50 x 40 . We also strongly believe that education and support should not end once the adoption is finalized. Post adoption education and support are crucial for adoptive families and adopted kids to thrive. Creating a Family has an extensive post adoption education and support section.
Creating a Family, the national adoption education and support nonprofit, includes extensive resources on the following adoption topics in our Adoption Resource Guide:
- KESS InHouse JL1002ADM02 Judith Loske Purple Flower bluesh Pattern Dog Place Mat, 24 x 15
- Adoption Scam / Adoption Fraud
- KESS InHouse JM1024ADM02 Jacqueline Milton Safari Black Beige Mixed Media Dog Place Mat, 24 x 15
- KESS InHouse JN1010ADM02 Jina Ninjjaga Anarchy Black orange Dog Place Mat, 24 x 15
- Parenting Adopted Children with Challenging Behavior
- KESS InHouse Jolene Heckman Simple Flower bluee Flowers Feeding Mat for Pet Bowl, 24 by 15Inch
- Kess InHouse Josh Serafin Daddy Dog Bed, 50 by 60Inch, bluee Green
- Open Adoption
- Attachment Issues with Adoption
- Kess InHouse Josh Serafin Perch Surfin' bluee Green Dog Bed
- KESS InHouse JR1016ADM02 Jennifer Rizzo Lavender Butterfly Purple White Dog Place Mat, 24 x 15
- Adoption Therapy
- KESS InHouse JS1047ADM02 Jane Smith Meow Repeat Black White Dog Place Mat, 24 x 15
- Adoption and the LGBT Community
- Single Parents
- KESS InHouse JS2047ADM02 Josh Serafin Let's Move bluee Purple Dog Place Mat, 24 x 15
Kess InHouse Mydeas Dotted Plaid Pet Bowl, 7Inch, Geometric Yellow
There is much misinformation online for those trying to conceive or those who are infertile. Creating a Family, the national infertility & adoption education and support nonprofit, provides an Infertility Resource Guide, provided medically accurate information on all aspects of infertility, including: female infertility, KESS InHouse JS3024ADM02 Patternmuse Inky Floral Peony Pink White Illustration Dog Place Mat, 24 x 15 , KESS InHouse Juan Paolo Enjoy The Little Things orange Vintage Dog Bed, 30 x 40 , KESS InHouse Juan Paolo Vanishing Pt. Coastal Photography Dog Bed, 30 x 40 , endometriosis, IVF, and other forms of fertility treatment.
The emotional aspects of infertility are just as challenging as the medical aspects, and Creating a Family has extensive resources to help those struggling with infertility cope with this disease.
Creating a Family, the national infertility & adoption education and support nonprofit, includes extensive resources, including archived radio show/podcasts, blogs, fact sheets, research summaries, videos, and Expert Q&As in our Infertility Resource Guide:
- Rob Marshall Ioford 1 Litre In Water Bird Iodine Iron Breeding Multi Vitamin Supplement All Birds Finches Gouldians Budgies Canaries Parreds Poultry
- White Large White Large Intrepid International Gel Insert Splint Boots
- Batman Tee for Dogs DC Comics Batman Logo TShirt Dogs
- Aor1 LargeDog Saddle Bag Tactical Breathable Dog Harness Backpack Durable Waterproof Pet Chest Strap for Traveling Hiking Camping, Medium Size,BLK,S
- CWYPWDY Warm Dogs Bed 3 Sizes Winter Pet House For Puppy Cat Mats Washable Round Soft Plush Dog Kennel Kitten House Pets Supplies
- Drools Tuna & Salmon Adult Cat Tuna, Salmon 7 kg Dry Cat Food ()
- Green HHF Pet Supplies Pet Dogs TPU Material Traction Belt Collar Telescopic Dog Traction Rope with Dog Leash Handle, Size S, Rope Length 120 cm, Collar Size 40 cm (color Purple)
- HiK9 The Original Medium Mesh Raised Pet Bed (Heavy Duty Silver)
- KESS InHouse Ebi Emporium In The Meadow 2Green Pink Green White Pet Bowl, 4.75
- MagiDeal Portable Outdoor Travel Bird Carrier Backpack with Cloth Nappy Reusable Washable Bird Diaper Flight Suit (bluee)
- New Cat tunnel Design, Collapsible 4way Cat Tunnel Toy with Crinkle (Large, Pink) (Medium, Dark bluee)
- Pet Nest, Kennel Breathable Refreshing Small Dog Pet Nest Mat Cat Litter Four Seasons Universal Bite Resistant Deformation (color 1001M)
- Qz Tall Black Pet Step with Carpeted Tread, 3 Steps Wood Cat Dog Stairs for Small, Elderly or Sick Pets, Support 20kg (Size 43×60×52cm)
- Leather Bones Dog Collar Padded Double-Ply Riveted Settings 26 x 1.25 Green Leather (redterdam Bones) Neck Size 20-24
- 655515cm YunYilian Pet Bolster Dog Bed Comfort Cloth Super Thick Super Soft Waterproof Kennel cat nest (Size 65 55 15cm)
- Black One Size Black One Size Interpet Limited Blagdon Inpond 5-In-1 Pond Filter Set (UK Plug)
- Buckle-Down MGC-W31255-L Like A Boss2 Black Red Martingale Dog Collar, Large
- Life Jacket, Dog's Comfortable and Safe Swimming Vest, Oxford Cloth Quality Material, Pink and Other Multi-color Optional, Easy to Carry (Size L, M, XL) (color Pink, Size XL)
- bluee Big Dog Rain Boots Samoyed shoes Pet shoes Large Dog golden Retriever Huskies shoes Non-Slip Waterproof (color bluee)
- Parasol SDB 6 by 6 by 8-Inch Seed Drop Songbird Feeder, bluee by PARASOL
- Red XXXXL Red XXXXL Ximandi Women's Vintage Sleeveless Dot Print Button Patchwork Evening Party Swing Cocktail Dress
- Weiwei Cat Climbing Frame Sword Rope wear Abrasion Claw cat Climbing Column for Game 19cm 16cm 58cm
- BioGroom Magic White (10 oz)
- (2 Pack) Hikari Packman Frog PAC Attack Food 1.41 Ounce Each
- BiOrb Halo 30L Aquarium in White with Moonlight LED Lighting, Heater Pack and Black Stand
- Dog Cat Pet Charms I Have Issues Screen Printed Dog Shirt Light Pink Lg (14)
- Fish & Aquatic Supplies Freeze Dried Tubifex Worms 113Gm
- Hoof Tester Vienna Pattern, Stainless Steel, farrier
- KESS InHouse Juan Paolo The golden Hour gold orange Pet Bowl, 7
- Kess InHouse Julia Grifol Geometric Mandalas Red White Fleece Dog Bed, 50 x 60
- Embryo Donation/Adoption
- KESS InHouse Julia Grifol Green Tree Leaves Yellow Dog Place Mat, 13 x 18
- Finding an Infertility Doctor or Clinic
- KESS InHouse Julia Grifol My Happy Squares Feeding Mat for Pet Bowl, 18 by 13Inch
- In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)
- Kess InHouse Julia Grifol White Flowers Fleece Dog Bed, 30 by 40Inch
- KESS InHouse Just L Chasing Lights bluee Red Dog Bed, 30 x 40
- KESS InHouse Kathleen Kelly Diamond Geometric Pink Pet Bowl, 7
- Coping with Infertility Grief
- KESS InHouse Kess Original Abduct Me Geometric Fantasy Dog Bed, 30 x 40
- Surviving the Holiday & Family Gatherings with Infertility
- Talking with Kids about Donor Egg, Sperm, Embryo & Surrogacy
- KESS InHouse Kess Original Classic Green Circle Monogram Teal Illustration Dog Place Mat, 24 x 15
- Egg Freezing/ Oocyte Cyropreservation
- KESS InHouse Kess Original Going Batty Dog Bed, 30 x 40
- Insurance Coverage for Fertility Treatment, Egg Donation, Surrogacy
- Parenting After Infertility
KESS InHouse FM1078ADM02 Famenxt Mandala Pink bluee bluee Illustration Dog Place Mat, 24 x 15 Pink ppommu3594-New pet supplies
Kess InHouse Nandita Singh Motifs in Green Purple Floral Feeding Mat for Pet Bowl, 24 by 15Inch
It is possible to adopt a baby in the US. KESS InHouse Kess Original Mini Webs orange Dog Bed, 30 x 40 , the cost of adoption, how to prepare an adoptive parent profile, how to assess risk factors, such as prenatal alcohol and drug exposure and mental health issues with birth parents and expectant parents, and how to select an adoption agency or adoption attorney.
KESS InHouse NG1005ADM02 Nathan Gibbs Art Rights Off Point Red bluee Dog Place Mat, 24 x 15
Many infertility patients will need to use IVF to get pregnant. KESS InHouse Kess Original Monogram Solid Black Letter K Feeding Mat for Pet Bowl, 24 by 15Inch, how to select a fertility clinic, cost of infertility treatment an IVF, how to save money on fertility treatment, and what is the usual IVF procedure.
Many children are available for adoption in US foster care system. Creating a Family provides resources on foster care adoption, including the different ways to adopt from foster care, how to choose an adoption agency, the cost of adopting from foster care, how to negotiate for an adoption subsidy, and how to assess risk factors for children being adopted or fostered from foster care.
KESS InHouse Nick Nareshni Cherry Blossoms & bluee Sky Aqua White Dog Bed, 30 x 40
Infertility is a painful and often lonely journey. People often do not understand the loss of miscarriage and do not know what to say or how to offer support. Creating a Family provides information and support for infertility grief, surviving the emotions of infertility, miscarriage, and trying to conceive.
Kess InHouse Nicole Ketchum Forest Bloom Pet Dog Blanket, 60 by 50Inch
It is possible to adopt from abroad. Many countries have international adoption programs allowing Americans to adopt. Creating a Family provides resources on how to adopt internationally from a foreign country, the cost of international adoption, how to prepare a dossier, how to find an international adoption agency, how to choose a country, how to assess risk factors in children available for adoption, issues to consider when adopting a toddler or older child, and much more. Creating a Family also has the most extensive KESS InHouse Kess Original Pale Layered Agate bluee Brown Dog Bed, 30 x 40 allowing adoptive parents to compare the top placing countries to the US for 25 factors they should consider when choosing a country to adopt from.
KESS InHouse Nika Martinez Siam Mandala Purple White Illustration Pet Bowl, 4.75 Diameter
It is amazing how little good information is available on recurrent miscarriages. This is partly because there is no medical specialty in miscarriage prevention and treatment.
The good news is that recent advances in chromosomal testing of embryos and miscarried fetuses are helping prevent more miscarriages. In the meantime, the following statistic should give you some peace: 70% of woman that have had up to four miscarriages will successfully carry a baby to term.
Check out the Creating a Family blogroll of bloggers who talk about KESS InHouse Kess Original Sprinkles Pink Food Dog Bed, 30 x 40 .
Two great places to begin to understand the causes, treatments, and coping with recurrent pregnancy loss are these Creating a Family radio shows with interviews with leading doctors and therapists.
- KESS InHouse KESS Original Balsam Feathers Beige Green Pet Bowl, 7 (1 hour radio show with experts)
- KESS InHouse KESS Original Classic orange Wreath Monogram Green Illustration Pet Bowl, 7
KESS InHouse Nika Martinez Seventies Emerald Chevron Green Abstract Pet Bowl, 7
Creating a Family, the national infertility & adoption education and support nonprofit, has a list of the Best of the Best Books for those suffering from infertility. We a review of each book and cover the following topics:
- KESS InHouse KESS Original Good Luck Maroon Multicolor Pet Bowl, 7
- KESS InHouse KESS Original Monogram Chevron Green Letter D Feeding Mat for Pet Bowl, 24 by 15Inch
- KESS InHouse Kess Original Monogram Chevron Red Letter V Feeding Mat for Pet Bowl, 18 by 13Inch
- Books for Children Conceived through Sperm Donation
- KESS InHouse KESS Original Monogram Chevron Teal Letter R Feeding Mat for Pet Bowl, 24 by 15Inch
- Books for Adults – Good Reads
- KESS InHouse KESS Original Monogram Solid Grey Letter S Feeding Mat for Pet Bowl, 24 by 15Inch
- Books About Understanding Infertility Treatment Options
- KESS InHouse KESS Original Poor Unfortunate Souls Dog Place Mat, 13 x 18
- KESS InHouse KESS Original Wild Boysenberry Geological Purple Pet Bowl, 7
- Books about Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
- KESS InHouse KIH153ADM02 Kess Original Priorities Typography Food Dog Place Mat, 24 x 15
Kess InHouse Nina May Denin & Diam New Mexico Pet Bowl, 7Inch, Pastel
Creating a Family has an extensive list of adoption related books for kids broken out by type of adoption and age of the child. We also have a book list for adoptive parents.
- Adoption Books for Parents
- KESS InHouse KIH254ADM02 Kess Original Dream in bluee Watercolor Typography Dog Place Mat, 24 x 15
- KESS InHouse KIH338ADM02 Kess Original More Weekends Teal Pink Dog Place Mat, 24 x 15
- Books for Kids Adopted from Foster Care
- Books for Kids Adopted from Korea
- KESS InHouse KJ1031ADM02 Kristi Jackson The 3 Sisters White Green Photography Dog Place Mat, 24 x 15
- Books for Kids Adopted from Russia/Eastern & Central Europe
- Kess InHouse Kristin Humphrey Release Pink orange Dog Bed, 30 by 40Inch
- KESS InHouse Laura Nicholson Being Here bluee White Pet Bowl, 7
- Books for Older Adoptive Parents
Kess InHouse Nina May Impermiate Poster Pet Bowl, 7Inch
Creating a Family has comparison charts to help prospective adoptive parents decide on which foreign country they should adopt from. We analyze 25 factors we think parents should consider before choosing a country for international adoption.
- Kess InHouse Laurie Baars Ferns Vines Green Pet Bowl, 7Inch, Brown Aqua
- 25 Factors to Consider When Adopting From China
- KESS InHouse Li Zamperini bluee Butterfly Black Abstract Dog Bed, 30 x 40
- 25 Factors to Consider When Adopting From India
- 25 Factors to Consider When Adopting From Latvia
- KESS InHouse Li Zamperini Florsle Pink Green Pet Bowl, 7
- Kess InHouse Libertad Leal Vintage pinks Pet Bowl, 7 Options
KESS InHouse NL Designs Sandstone Triangles Beige Geometric Dog Bed, 30 x 40
One of the reasons that the pain of infertility is so hard to deal with is that it is often unrecognized by our society. Therapist and scholars have a name for this type of grief: disenfranchised grief or ambiguous grief.
The lack of recognition for the loss makes it easy to feel that you aren’t entitled to mourn, but mourning is crucial to healing. It is hard to grieve a dream and harder still when others don’t even see that there is a loss.
You do not have to cope with the pain and grief of infertility alone. Many people have been helped by counselors, but it is especially helpful if the therapist is trained in the realities of infertility.
- Creating a Family has done a number of shows that include a discussion of how to find a good therapist that is knowledgeable about infertility issues. Listen to a few, such as Kess InHouse Lydia Martin 'Queen of The Sea' Dog Blanket, 40 by 30Inch, Coping with Infertility, and KESS InHouse LZ1041ADM02 Li Zamperini Deep bluee Sea Teal Watercolor Dog Place Mat, 24 x 15 .
- Ask your infertility clinic if they have mental health professionals on staff or can recommend one.
- The American Society of Reproductive Medicine lists members that are mental health professionals.
KESS InHouse NL1059ADM02 NL Designs Desert Waves Yellow bluee Dog Place Mat, 24 x 15
Every adoptive parent expects that after working so hard to become a parent, they will feel nothing but joy and thankfulness at the gift that is their child. More often these feelings of joy are mixed with feelings of being overwhelmed and worry about not “falling madly in love at first sight”. Throw in the exhaustion of any major life change, and you have the makings for post adoption depression.
We have seen no research on how many adoptive parents experience post adoption depression, but anecdotally from our post adoption support group, we believe that it occurs more often when:
- Parents have unrealistic expectations of what the transition period will be like.
- Parents do not have people with whom to confide their fears and concerns.
If you are struggling post adoption, you are not alone . This is not a reflection on you, or your child, or your eventual adjustment. Talk with your adoption social worker. She will not judge, and she can help.
KESS InHouse NN1049ADM02 Nick Nareshni Sandy Waters Black Tan Dog Place Mat, 24 x 15
Creating a Family is the national adoption & infertility education nonprofit. Our mission is to provide support and unbiased information before, during and after adoption or fertility treatment to help create strong families. Check out our Five Core Values that we use to guide every decision. We are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, and you can check out our financials and IRS Form 990 at GuideStar.
KESS InHouse Oriana Cordero French Outing Black Pink Dog Bed, 30 x 40
Creating a Family has the most extensive and diverse collection of resources for those struggling with infertility and for pre and post adoptive families. We are constantly creating more resources and average adding four new resources every week. Since 2007 we also have our weekly radio show where we interview the top experts on every aspect of adoption, adoptive parenting, and infertility. For those folks that want one on one education to get help with a specific decision, we can do that as well through our Individual Education option. While education is important to helping you make decisions on this often painful and confusing journey to creating a family, support is equally important. We have created an incredibly strong online support network via a private Facebook group, Pinterest, and Twitter. Our mantra is ‘Information is Power’. We aren’t promoting one way of family building over another. We trust that with the right information, every family will find their right path to parenthood. We’ll freely admit that we would love for every child in this world to have a family. We would especially love to help find homes for older kids and kids with special needs, but we know that this is not the right decision for every family, and our goal to help every family find their right path to parenthood.
Kess InHouse Oriana Cordero World Map Rainbow White Feeding Mat for Pet Bowls, 24 by 15Inch
Creating a Family uphold these core values in our work. They represent what we believe in, what we stand for, and how we approach everything we do.
- There is no “best way” to create your family.
- With education and support families will be able to choose the best way for them.
- Our education and support will be unbiased and accurate.
- It is in a child’s best interest to have parents that are educated and supported before, during and after infertility treatment or adoption.
- We will attempt to bridge the gap between the academic and research communities and the infertility patient community and the adoptive parent and adoption professional community by making research findings available and offering researchers access to our audience to publicize their studies and solicit participants.
Bit of Bragging
Of course we’re proud of what we do, but what matters most is what our audience has to say. Here’s a sampling:
Creating a Family and in particular your radio show has been a lifeline to me over the past 2+ years. In the privacy of my home/car I have been connected with others whose family-building has been challenged and I have had access to invaluable information from experts that have helped us make better decisions. Thank you! ~ S. Potter
I wanted to thank you for all of the wonderful things you do. We brought our beautiful baby boy home from the hospital on April 2nd. While we waited for an adoption match and then waited for his birth, your podcast and website were a continuous reminder that we were part of an amazing adoption community. It really helped us not feel alone. ~Sarah S.
I just felt like I should say Thank You this morning! Your website and e-mails have consistently been a “touch stone” for me through this whole process – sometimes reaffirming what I already believe, sometimes giving me a different perspective, but always being something that I can respect and learn from. Thank you for this!!! ~ L. Adams
Creating a Family has made a big difference to the quality of information that we can share with our adoptive community. We sometimes use your podcasts as the basis for roundtable discussions or our monthly Parent Support Meetings. ~ Louise Garnaut (Adoptive Families of Hong Kong)
Bit of History
Creating a Family started in 2007 as a labor of love. We saw the huge need for unbiased accurate information online about infertility and adoption. We knew people were getting most of their “education” online, but much of what was available was inaccurate junk, slanted towards one form of family building or one type of adoption over another, or was being provided by for profit organizations that were anything but unbiased. We knew that in order to educate and support, we needed to be where the folks were, so we readily embraced all forms of online media (audio, video, social networks), but set out to be the anti-junk and the anti-bias.
Dawn Davenport is Executive Director of Creating a Family, and the “Official Voice” of Creating a Family since she also hosts of our weekly national radio show and is a frequent speaker at conferences. (We try to not let that title go to her head.) We also are proudly led by a terrific Board. You can check out their bona fides if you’re so inclined.
Dawn Davenport, Executive Director Our Board
We have some of the best, brightest, and most dedicated folks helping out around here to help us provide support and unbiased information before, during and after adoption or fertility treatment to help create strong families. Check out their pretty/handsome faces and a bit about them. Our Staff