JRTAN&Pet habitat Lizard Snake Spider Lair Snake lizard cave snake nest spider cave simulation tree hole, large 17 10 8
We began in 2007 because we saw a need for accurate information online about infertility, infertility grief, moving to adoption from infertility, and all types of adoption options. We also have a large and active online support group. Creating a Family Facebook Support Group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/creatingafamily/) It’s a closed Facebook group so that only those in the group can see the posts.
Creating a Family provides extensive resources on all types of adoption and all aspects of infertility (medical and emotional).
JRTAN&Pet Turtle sunbathing platform floating platform ladder, large drying platform
Adoption is a wonderful way to create your family. Creating a Family covers all adoption options, including Hexiansheng Cat Climb Trees Pet cat Toy Furniture Grab Board Grab Column Foldable 30 30 50cm Sheet Rope Flannel, baby adoption in the US, HOBBYDOG Dog House, Size 4, Beige with Paws, foster care adoption, Hozelock Cascade 3000 Low Voltage Waterfall and Fountain Pond Pump (sometimes known as embryo adoption). Check out our Huijunwenti Pet Casket, Pet Urn, Cremation Urns for Pets, Functional Urn, Ceramic Sealed, Moisture Proof, Keepsake Box for Dogs and Cats The Best Gift (color J). We also strongly believe that education and support should not end once the adoption is finalized. Post adoption education and support are crucial for adoptive families and adopted kids to thrive. Creating a Family has an extensive post adoption education and support section.
Creating a Family, the national adoption education and support nonprofit, includes extensive resources on the following adoption topics in our Adoption Resource Guide:
- Hyue Pet Supplies Strong Woven Nest Foldaway Dog Kennel Cat Nest (color orange, Size 43 11cm)
- Adoption Scam / Adoption Fraud
- Intertough Donut Frisbee 20 X 7cm (Pack of 6)
- JHDUID Dog Raincoat with Removable Hoodie, Rain Water Resistant, Adjustable Belly Harness, Stylish Premium Dog Raincoats
- Parenting Adopted Children with Challenging Behavior
- Jlxl Pet Mat Nest, Bed, Four Seasons Universal Kennel Dog Mats Removable Washable Dog Cage Mat (color A, Size M.70x56x5.5cm)
- Gyapet Pet Wool Sweater for Small Dogs Pet Clothing Puppies Doggie Classic Lined Knitted Dog Sweater orange M
- Open Adoption
- Attachment Issues with Adoption
- Happy Birthday Assorted Dog Treats in bluee by Claudia's Canine Bakery
- Heiniger Charger for LiIon Battery Xplorer
- Adoption Therapy
- Hikari Usa Inc AHK21642 carnivoreivore Sticks Jumbo 17.6Ounce by Hikerman 99020262
- Adoption and the LGBT Community
- Single Parents
- Horizont 34215 300g Stable Star No 1 Ball with Wall Mount for Big Tastie Lickstone
JSSFQK Closed Cat Litter Cat Scratch Board Cat Sleeping Bag Four Seasons Cat Mat Pet Supplies, Light Brown pet bed
There is much misinformation online for those trying to conceive or those who are infertile. Creating a Family, the national infertility & adoption education and support nonprofit, provides an Infertility Resource Guide, provided medically accurate information on all aspects of infertility, including: female infertility, HTMAL Cat Bed Four Seasons Universal Spring Summer Summer House Villa Semiclosed Removable And Washable Net Cat Bed Red Cat Supplies Bed House Cat Litter With Toys, Husse Complete Dry Cat Food 15kg Pro Katt Healthy Human Grade Ingredients, Ikaria ZX3155 16 08 IK Nourish Repair Shampoo, 16Ounce, endometriosis, IVF, and other forms of fertility treatment.
The emotional aspects of infertility are just as challenging as the medical aspects, and Creating a Family has extensive resources to help those struggling with infertility cope with this disease.
Creating a Family, the national infertility & adoption education and support nonprofit, includes extensive resources, including archived radio show/podcasts, blogs, fact sheets, research summaries, videos, and Expert Q&As in our Infertility Resource Guide:
- Kess InHouse Theresa Giolzetti bluee Moon Bunny Aqua Paint Feeding Mat for Pet Bowl, 24 by 15-Inch
- Buckle-Down Seatbelt Buckle Dog Collar I'll Out Drink All You Bitches Black Pink 1 Wide Fits 15-26 Neck Large
- Kess InHouse Ingrid Beddoes Limitless Mind Clouds bluee Dog Bed, 30 by 40-Inch
- FH Kennel Medium Dog Small Dog Doghouse Pet Teddy Kennel Large Dog Pet Dog Supplies Bed Washable Dog Houses
- F 403025cm F 403025cm Pet dog car seat cushion insurance seat car seat cover home safety car cage-F-40 30 25cm
- 60x75x20cm GZDXHN Kennel Warm Cotton Nest Dog Mat Cat Litter Pet Nest Pet Supplies
- Pink 7 inch Pink 7 inch Purple Dragon 7.0 8.0 inch Professional Dog Grooming Hair Cutting Scissor &Curved Scissor&Thinning Shear Kit with Bag for Pet Groomer or Family DIY (7 inch, Pink)
- Simply Right 120 Count Pet Training Pads, 23 by 24-Inch
- Schmoopsie Couture Silver Foil Snowflakes on White Dog Leash (5 8 x 60 )
- Washable square dog bed, Deluxe pet supplies Pillow nest mat Pet bolster bed Pet cat bed-C Medium
- Cat Dog Clippers,Low Noise Rechargeable Cordless Electric Pet Grooming Kit Tool Hair Trimmer,Ceramic Cutter Head,Sharp Angle Cutting
- Beige Cat Igloo Bed with Cushion Suitable for Cat and Small Dog Cats Cave Cozy Cat House Cat Basket (color Beige)
- Black Cremation Pet Ashes Urns Rough Pottery Sealed Cans (color White)
- Dog Cat Pet Charms It's All About Me Screen Print Shirts Bright Pink XS (8)
- Evans Collars Shaped Collar Crystal Jewels, Size 12, Vinyl, Tangerine
- Heinick Equestrian Fine Motion Bit Apia Black Bridle ExtraWide RH Black Warm Blood Horses
- Kess InHouse Catherine Holcombe Zebransky Dog Blanket, 60 by 50Inch
- LILYS PET HIGHEND SERIES 7.5Inch Japan 440C Stainless Steel 360° Bamboo Swivel Cutting and THinning Scissors,Pet Grooming Scissors Set Cutting&Thinning&Twoway Curved shears Set
- MXD Cat Bag Pet Backpack Cat Space Capsule Backpack Cat Out Portable Backpack Dog Backpack
- Pet Grooming Table Arms Clamp Metal Dog Grooming Table Arm H Bar Clamp Holder Aid Accessory Hair Dryer Clamp Clip Pet Grooming Table Accessories(2.0 2.0cm)
- Purple MediumRestraint Puppy Safety Adjustable Seat Belt with Elastic Bungee and Reflective Stripe Connect with Dog Car Harness
- IW.HLMF Floor to Ceiling Cat Tree Cat Scratch Post 230286cm Ajustable High Beige bluee Wooden Solid Cat Scratcher Pet Playing Fun Tools,Beige
- JiaQi Waterproof Four seasons Sofa towel,Urine Dustproof couch,Sofa cover mats Antislip sofa slipcovers Pet cover for couch Solid colorL 90x210cm(35x83inch)
- Embryo Donation/Adoption
- JRTAN&Pet Turtle sunbathing platform floating platform ladder, large drying platform
- Finding an Infertility Doctor or Clinic
- Hair Dryer Holder HandsFree Hair Dryer Bracket Pet Hair Dryer Rack Pet Grooming Hairdressing Accessories for Left Shoulder(Purple)
- In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)
- Hartz Home Predection Lavendar Scent Odor Eliminating Gel Dog Pads XXL 20 Count
- Hero Dog Dog Bed Mat Crate Pad Anti Slip Mattress Washable for Large Medium Small Pets Sleeping
- Hkm Hkm County1499 4057052231780 Cooler Blanket Sand Red 125
- Coping with Infertility Grief
- Hotline Raptor 1.7J 230V Energiser
- Surviving the Holiday & Family Gatherings with Infertility
- Talking with Kids about Donor Egg, Sperm, Embryo & Surrogacy
- Hudson Exchange Waterhog Dog Bone Entrance Indoor Outdoor Floor Mat, 23 L x 35 W, 3 8 Thick, Dark Brown
- Egg Freezing/ Oocyte Cyropreservation
- HyPERFORMANCE Softshell Ladies Winter Breeches Black 24 inch
- Insurance Coverage for Fertility Treatment, Egg Donation, Surrogacy
- Parenting After Infertility
Herm. Sprenger UltraPlus Dog Prong Training with ClicLock 3.25mm 20 Stainless Collar hbnbfy2405-New pet supplies
JT800B24 Water Pump Long Life Low Noise ElectricDriven Mode for Fish Tank Aquarium Aquaculture
It is possible to adopt a baby in the US. Inspire Nation St Francis of Assisi Pet Charm Dog Cat Tag ID Religious Medal Silver, the cost of adoption, how to prepare an adoptive parent profile, how to assess risk factors, such as prenatal alcohol and drug exposure and mental health issues with birth parents and expectant parents, and how to select an adoption agency or adoption attorney.
GUO@ Pet Trolley Bag Trolley Case Shoulder Dog Backpack Go Out For Portable Pet Packs Cats And Dogs Backpack Drawbars Dual Pet Packs Pet Supplies Carriers and Strollers (color 2)
Many infertility patients will need to use IVF to get pregnant. Jesiceeal Christmas Adjustable Handmade Bowtie Dog and Cat Collar Pet Gift for Dogs and Cats Collar Bow and Leash S, how to select a fertility clinic, cost of infertility treatment an IVF, how to save money on fertility treatment, and what is the usual IVF procedure.
Many children are available for adoption in US foster care system. Creating a Family provides resources on foster care adoption, including the different ways to adopt from foster care, how to choose an adoption agency, the cost of adopting from foster care, how to negotiate for an adoption subsidy, and how to assess risk factors for children being adopted or fostered from foster care.
GUOWEIKD's store Pet Waterproof Lightweight Capsule Handbag Multiple Air Vents Breathable Pets Cats Dog Animals Safe RucksackComfortable Breathable Pet Backpack 42x29x27CM, Sapphire Green
Infertility is a painful and often lonely journey. People often do not understand the loss of miscarriage and do not know what to say or how to offer support. Creating a Family provides information and support for infertility grief, surviving the emotions of infertility, miscarriage, and trying to conceive.
Guyuexuan Fully Transparent Pet Backpack For Cats And Dogs, Space Capsules, Pet Out Carrying Backpacks,bluee, Yellow Pet Travel Essentials (color Yellow)
It is possible to adopt from abroad. Many countries have international adoption programs allowing Americans to adopt. Creating a Family provides resources on how to adopt internationally from a foreign country, the cost of international adoption, how to prepare a dossier, how to find an international adoption agency, how to choose a country, how to assess risk factors in children available for adoption, issues to consider when adopting a toddler or older child, and much more. Creating a Family also has the most extensive JLCYYSS Cat Scratch Board, Triangular Combination WearResistant ScratchResistant Corrugated Paper. Superior Cardboard & Construction, Significantly Outlasts Cheaper Alternatives. allowing adoptive parents to compare the top placing countries to the US for 25 factors they should consider when choosing a country to adopt from.
Guyuexuan Transparent Pet Carrier Waterproof Backpack, Puppy Travel Bag Breathable Airline Approved Space Capsule For Mediumsized Dogs. Pet Travel Essentials (color 6)
It is amazing how little good information is available on recurrent miscarriages. This is partly because there is no medical specialty in miscarriage prevention and treatment.
The good news is that recent advances in chromosomal testing of embryos and miscarried fetuses are helping prevent more miscarriages. In the meantime, the following statistic should give you some peace: 70% of woman that have had up to four miscarriages will successfully carry a baby to term.
Check out the Creating a Family blogroll of bloggers who talk about GWM Pet Backpack, Pet Supplies Pet Bag Offtheshoulder Bag Pet Bag Messenger Bag.
Two great places to begin to understand the causes, treatments, and coping with recurrent pregnancy loss are these Creating a Family radio shows with interviews with leading doctors and therapists.
- HAO SHOP Dog cage kennel foldable transparent pet supplies (color bluee, Size M) (1 hour radio show with experts)
- Heavy Duty Puppy Play Pen Dog Pen for Dogs Cat Rabbit Guinea Pig Run Foldable Playpen Indoor Outdoor Black 6 Panel (S(Height 60cm))
Gwanna Pet Bed Dog Mat Pet Mat Pet Sleeping Pad Pet Waterloo Cat Dog Nest Large Small Dog Pet Ice Pad Pet Supplies dog bed Soft Pad for Pets Sleeping (color bluee, Size 55 45cm)
Creating a Family, the national infertility & adoption education and support nonprofit, has a list of the Best of the Best Books for those suffering from infertility. We a review of each book and cover the following topics:
- High Quality Leather Dog Collar, Heart Studs. 11 x1 2 Wide. Fits 8 10 Neck, Yorkshire Terrier, Puppies
- HONGNA Space Pet Pack Portable Portable Space Bag Pet Outing Backpack Cat Bag
- HSXZ Women's shoes PU Spring Comfort Boots Walking shoes Flat Closed Toe for Casual Black
- Books for Children Conceived through Sperm Donation
- Hunter Transport Pet Carrier (X Large) (Tan Black)
- Books for Adults – Good Reads
- IDC Neoprene Dog Jacket, Size XL, Black and Pink
- Books About Understanding Infertility Treatment Options
- Isali Dog Carrier Comfort Tote Shoulder Bag Pet Backpack Travel Pet Carriers Crossbody Bag Supplies Dog Carriers
- JIANXIN Dog Leash, Leather Training Rope, Durable, Suitable for Small and Medium Dogs, Two Sizes (Size 140CM)
- Books about Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
- Joybies XSmall Red Christmas Cat Piddle Pants for Cat ( 1113 inches along Spine Collar to tail base )
Gwanna Willow Kennel Simple pastoral wind cat nest with cushion pet cat Kennel Soft Pad for Pets Sleeping (Size Small)
Creating a Family has an extensive list of adoption related books for kids broken out by type of adoption and age of the child. We also have a book list for adoptive parents.
- Adoption Books for Parents
- H.ZHOU Dogs and Cats Bed Mats Ruffle Cat Nest Winter Keep Warm Cat Sleeping Bag Kitten Kennel Pet Waterloo Cat Mat Pet Cat Supplies Four Seasons Size M
- Hartman & pink 14378 Plain Nickel Plated Dog Lead, 3 4Inch, orange
- Books for Kids Adopted from Foster Care
- Books for Kids Adopted from Korea
- Henry Schein Pet Hygienics Dental Plaque Remover Flakes
- Books for Kids Adopted from Russia/Eastern & Central Europe
- Hjyi Dog Chest Strap Traction Rope Small MediumSized Large Canine Dog Chain
- Horze Sydney Leather Front Zip Jodhpur Boots
- Books for Older Adoptive Parents
GWM Foldable Lightweight Pet Trolley Jogging Pet Stroller Cat Dog Carts Carrier Split Type Pet Pushchair Dog Gram Multifunction For Medium Dogs 15kg (color BROWN)
Creating a Family has comparison charts to help prospective adoptive parents decide on which foreign country they should adopt from. We analyze 25 factors we think parents should consider before choosing a country for international adoption.
- HUAyue Pet Bag Oxford Cloth from Backpack Portable Bag Cat and Dog Backpack,Breathable Backpack (color Red, Size L)
- 25 Factors to Consider When Adopting From China
- Hydor MINI HEATER Aquarium Heater 15W for Tanks 510 gal
- 25 Factors to Consider When Adopting From India
- 25 Factors to Consider When Adopting From Latvia
- Inflatable Recovery Collar for Dogs and CatsComfortable Soft Pet ECollar Does Not Block Vision Medical Postoperative Wound Healing Cone bluee
- JBP Max Dog Bed Cat Nest Pet Nest Pet Bed 60 55 30CM Fully Removable And Washable Back Dog Kennel Small Dog Medium And Large Dog Kennel Supplies Suitable For Pets Within 10 Kg,BOptions
GWM Leashes Pet Collar P Chain Dog Chain Pet Supplies Strong Chain Snake Metal Collar Dog Training Collars (Size 75cm)
One of the reasons that the pain of infertility is so hard to deal with is that it is often unrecognized by our society. Therapist and scholars have a name for this type of grief: disenfranchised grief or ambiguous grief.
The lack of recognition for the loss makes it easy to feel that you aren’t entitled to mourn, but mourning is crucial to healing. It is hard to grieve a dream and harder still when others don’t even see that there is a loss.
You do not have to cope with the pain and grief of infertility alone. Many people have been helped by counselors, but it is especially helpful if the therapist is trained in the realities of infertility.
- Creating a Family has done a number of shows that include a discussion of how to find a good therapist that is knowledgeable about infertility issues. Listen to a few, such as Jiu Si Pet Toys Sounding Big Arrow Ball Dog Toy TPR Material Biting orange pet Toy, Coping with Infertility, and GWM Backpacks Dog SoftSided Carriers, Travel Pet Dog Cat Carrier Backpacks, Ventilated Design, Safety Strap, Buckle Support Designed for Travel, Hiking and Outdoor Use (color 2).
- Ask your infertility clinic if they have mental health professionals on staff or can recommend one.
- The American Society of Reproductive Medicine lists members that are mental health professionals.
GWM Leashes Pet Lifejacket, Dog Lifejacket, Tyre, Baby Pug, Snow Dog, Puppy Dog, Puppy, Swimsuit Jacket, Oxford Yellow. (Size L)
Every adoptive parent expects that after working so hard to become a parent, they will feel nothing but joy and thankfulness at the gift that is their child. More often these feelings of joy are mixed with feelings of being overwhelmed and worry about not “falling madly in love at first sight”. Throw in the exhaustion of any major life change, and you have the makings for post adoption depression.
We have seen no research on how many adoptive parents experience post adoption depression, but anecdotally from our post adoption support group, we believe that it occurs more often when:
- Parents have unrealistic expectations of what the transition period will be like.
- Parents do not have people with whom to confide their fears and concerns.
If you are struggling post adoption, you are not alone . This is not a reflection on you, or your child, or your eventual adjustment. Talk with your adoption social worker. She will not judge, and she can help.
GWM Pet moped, dog wheelchair, old dog walker, disabled dog assisted hind leg exercise dog cat car (Size XS)
Creating a Family is the national adoption & infertility education nonprofit. Our mission is to provide support and unbiased information before, during and after adoption or fertility treatment to help create strong families. Check out our Five Core Values that we use to guide every decision. We are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, and you can check out our financials and IRS Form 990 at GuideStar.
GXKLYPW Dog Bed Mediumsized Large Dog Washable Comfortable, Pet Steel Frame Bed, Pet Mat, Slim And Sturdy, Four Seasons Mesh Breathable, Easy To Clean Living Room And Hallway Dog Mat
Creating a Family has the most extensive and diverse collection of resources for those struggling with infertility and for pre and post adoptive families. We are constantly creating more resources and average adding four new resources every week. Since 2007 we also have our weekly radio show where we interview the top experts on every aspect of adoption, adoptive parenting, and infertility. For those folks that want one on one education to get help with a specific decision, we can do that as well through our Individual Education option. While education is important to helping you make decisions on this often painful and confusing journey to creating a family, support is equally important. We have created an incredibly strong online support network via a private Facebook group, Pinterest, and Twitter. Our mantra is ‘Information is Power’. We aren’t promoting one way of family building over another. We trust that with the right information, every family will find their right path to parenthood. We’ll freely admit that we would love for every child in this world to have a family. We would especially love to help find homes for older kids and kids with special needs, but we know that this is not the right decision for every family, and our goal to help every family find their right path to parenthood.
Gyapet Dog Sweater Dog Hoodie Christmas for Small Pets Red Shirt Winter Warm Outfits Cloth Pet Puppy Green XL
Creating a Family uphold these core values in our work. They represent what we believe in, what we stand for, and how we approach everything we do.
- There is no “best way” to create your family.
- With education and support families will be able to choose the best way for them.
- Our education and support will be unbiased and accurate.
- It is in a child’s best interest to have parents that are educated and supported before, during and after infertility treatment or adoption.
- We will attempt to bridge the gap between the academic and research communities and the infertility patient community and the adoptive parent and adoption professional community by making research findings available and offering researchers access to our audience to publicize their studies and solicit participants.
Bit of Bragging
Of course we’re proud of what we do, but what matters most is what our audience has to say. Here’s a sampling:
Creating a Family and in particular your radio show has been a lifeline to me over the past 2+ years. In the privacy of my home/car I have been connected with others whose family-building has been challenged and I have had access to invaluable information from experts that have helped us make better decisions. Thank you! ~ S. Potter
I wanted to thank you for all of the wonderful things you do. We brought our beautiful baby boy home from the hospital on April 2nd. While we waited for an adoption match and then waited for his birth, your podcast and website were a continuous reminder that we were part of an amazing adoption community. It really helped us not feel alone. ~Sarah S.
I just felt like I should say Thank You this morning! Your website and e-mails have consistently been a “touch stone” for me through this whole process – sometimes reaffirming what I already believe, sometimes giving me a different perspective, but always being something that I can respect and learn from. Thank you for this!!! ~ L. Adams
Creating a Family has made a big difference to the quality of information that we can share with our adoptive community. We sometimes use your podcasts as the basis for roundtable discussions or our monthly Parent Support Meetings. ~ Louise Garnaut (Adoptive Families of Hong Kong)
Bit of History
Creating a Family started in 2007 as a labor of love. We saw the huge need for unbiased accurate information online about infertility and adoption. We knew people were getting most of their “education” online, but much of what was available was inaccurate junk, slanted towards one form of family building or one type of adoption over another, or was being provided by for profit organizations that were anything but unbiased. We knew that in order to educate and support, we needed to be where the folks were, so we readily embraced all forms of online media (audio, video, social networks), but set out to be the anti-junk and the anti-bias.
Dawn Davenport is Executive Director of Creating a Family, and the “Official Voice” of Creating a Family since she also hosts of our weekly national radio show and is a frequent speaker at conferences. (We try to not let that title go to her head.) We also are proudly led by a terrific Board. You can check out their bona fides if you’re so inclined.
Dawn Davenport, Executive Director Our Board
We have some of the best, brightest, and most dedicated folks helping out around here to help us provide support and unbiased information before, during and after adoption or fertility treatment to help create strong families. Check out their pretty/handsome faces and a bit about them. Our Staff